As our summer party quickly approaches the outstanding list of things to get done starts to diminish. It is pretty amazing how these things that have been on “the list” for years somehow get done when written down and you have a deadline. We love throwing this party every year. For us, it is a ure way of getting alot of projects done. It is not a tremendous amount of people for this party but enough to make it interesting. All ages and background come together and share stories.
Here is a sample of some of the things we had to get done.
- paint deck
- touch up paint inside house
- paint kitchen (keep in mind we had to take down the wallpaper and spackle the crap out of the walls)
- clean screens
- chop wood
- week hill & side gardens
- replace plexyglass & screen for door to deck
- sweep below patio
- attach tikki torches to deck (not recommended but we do it anyways – fire extinguisher always nearby)
- plant perennials
- fill in flowers with annuals
- deck door – paint
- storage door – paint
- fix floor
- get invitations
- replace light fixtures – kitchen
- replace bath faucet
- replace rugs in kitchen
- clean patio
- weed-be-gone patio / parking place
- songlist for party
- CD for party gifts
- make strawberry /peach
- print labels for CD’s
- replace both door bells and chime
So this is just a sample of our list and most of them are done. Needless to say some are quick and some are long and involved. The kitchen is finally painted - Summer Pudding. For those who don't know what summer pudding looks like - it's cranberry. We did however, change the light fixtures in our kitchen by ourselves. For those who read the previous entry know that is a huge accomplishment this is for us. Keep in mind that the first light in the kitchen took six attempts for it was a success.
So now all we have to do is go grocery shopping, make the food and gift bags then bring the kids down to my in-laws at the beach. If we aren't too exhaused by Saturday we should have a great time.